Friday, February 13, 2009

Washington, DC International Wine and Food Festival

Join me this weekend at DC's Ronald Reagan Building for the annual Washington DC International Wine and Food Festival. This large event attracts the "who's who" of companies in the wine and food industries. Learn about the latest trends as you visit over 200 exhibitors who are at the show to meet and educate you. There will be over 600 wines poured, a variet of food sampled, and a selection of wine and wine-related products on hand.

Saturday's tickets are sold out, but there are a limited number of tickets available on Sunday. They are $85 until tomorrow, and $95 at the door. The festival runs 2-6 PM both days.

For more info, head to their website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I'll be there but I must admit the sheer volume of wine choices today might be overwhelming.

Do you have some suggestions on how to skip the less-than-stellar and steer towards the good stuff?

I am particularly partial to Spanish reds and Italian whites, although I am interested in trying local wines as well.

Kelly Magyarics said...

Hi April,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you before the event...you are right, the amount of choices at a festival like this can be overwhelming.

I know it's too late to help you this time, but what I like to do for events like this is do a walk around first, with the program, and see which tables I definitely want to visit.

Then, ideally, I'll do the whites first, double back for the reds, and then the dessert wines. Of course, I try not to taste TOO many, or my taste buds just get too tired and confused!

Hope you had fun and were able to find some great Italian whites, Spanish Reds and local bottles.